BASIC CONFIDENTIALITY POLICY
Where personal information is required to use or interact with the Sites, it is our policy that this information – such as your name, any identification numbers, credit card details, postal or email address, or telephone number — is private and confidential. The personal information you provide to Plum Accommodation is stored in a secure location, accessible only by appropriate staff, and is used for the purposes set forth in this policy, such as to reply to a question, an online purchase or to send requested materials.
We collect two types of information from visitors to the Sites: (1) Personal information; and (2) Non-Personal information, such as your IP address or cookies.
- Personal information
"Personal information" is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, postal address, telephone number, or email address. Plum Accommodation collects and stores the personal information that you have provided to us. Here are some examples of manners in which we may collect your personal information on the Sites:
The above list provides an example of the personal information that may be collected from you on the Sites. If you do not want Plum Accommodation to collect your personal information, please do not provide it to us.
- We will collect your first and last name, email address, and postal address when you become a member and sign up to receive information from Plum Accommodation;
- We do collect your email address to identify you as a user or if you contact us with a question;
- We may collect your first and last name, postal address and billing information if you make a purchase through our Sites; and
- Non-Personal information
"Non-Personal information" can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, gender, ZIP code or other geolocation data, or interests. Non-personal information does NOT identify you personally. Here are some examples of the non-personal information that is collected via the Sites and a description of how this information is used:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address — Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data — such as the webpages you view. We use this information to deliver our webpages to you upon request, to tailor our Sites to the interests of our users and to measure traffic within our Sites.
Cookies are text files sent by Web servers to Web browsers and are stored on the user’s computer or mobile device. If the browser is loading a page and the server requests the information stored in the cookie, the cookie is sent back to the server.
Cookies contain data about the user’s activities on the website, and can be used by Web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website. .
Cookies may be either "persistent" or "session" cookies. A persistent cookie will remain valid until its set expiration date (unless deleted by the user). A session cookie will expire at the end of the user session, when the Web browser is closed.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies the user, but information that we store about the user may be linked by us to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Plum Accommodation websites use the information we obtain from people’s use of our website through cookies for the following purposes:
- To recognize the user’s computer when the user visits the website.
- To identify some user actions during website navigation.
- To improve the website’s usability.
- To analyze the use of the website.
- To administer the website.
- To report click-through data.
Most browsers allow users to refuse to accept cookies.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you may not be able to log on, access content or use search functions, for example.
- In Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge, you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools," "Internet Options," "Privacy," and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector.
- In Firefox, you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools," "Options," and un-checking "Accept cookies from sites" in the "Privacy" box.
- In Google Chrome, you can adjust your cookie permissions by clicking "Options," "Under the hood" and Content Settings in the "Privacy" section. Click on the Cookies tab in the Content Settings.
- In Safari, you can block cookies by clicking "Preferences," selecting the "Privacy" tab and "Block cookies."
Users can also delete cookies already stored on their computers:
Please note that we also consider aggregated information, which is not personally identifiable, to be non-personal information. The above list provides an example of the non-personal information that is collected via the Sites.
- In Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files.
- In Firefox, you can delete cookies by first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you "clear private data" (this setting can be changed by clicking "Tools," "Options" and "Settings" in the "Private Data" box) and then clicking "Clear private data" in the "Tools" menu.
- In Google Chrome, you can adjust your cookie permissions by clicking "Options," "Under the hood," and Content Settings in the "Privacy" section. Click on the Cookies tab in the Content Settings.
- In Safari, you can delete cookies by clicking "Preferences," selecting the "Privacy" tab and selecting "Remove All Website Data."
- Doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
- Web Beacons (also known as "clear gifs," "Web bugs" or "pixel tags") —"Web Beacons" are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Sites and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Web beacons can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, Web beacons are embedded invisibly on Web pages.
- Demographic Information — "Demographic Information" may be your gender, age, ZIP code or geolocation data, and/or interests, which you voluntarily provide to us on the Sites. We use this information to provide you with personalized services and to analyse trends to ensure the information provided by the Sites meets your needs.
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED VIA THE SITES
- Personal information
We use your personal information that is collected on the Sites primarily for the following purposes:
- To deliver services, such as hotel bookings, information or newsletters you request or purchase;
- To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new services from Plum Accommodation or other third parties or to forward promotional materials;
- To process your order and, if necessary, to contact you regarding the status of your order;
- To fulfil the terms of a promotion;
- To ensure the Sites are relevant to your needs;
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
- To contact you regarding additional services and features;
- To request your feedback about your experience with Plum Accommodation;
- To allow you access to limited-entry areas of the Sites.
- Non-Personal information
Non-personal information is used as described above and in other ways as permitted by applicable laws, including combining non-personal information with personal information.
RELEASE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Plum Accommodation member and affiliate directories are available only to members and affiliates in a members-only section of the site. All members’ and affiliates’ names are listed in the directory, but members have the option to suppress other information. Personal information collected as a function of Plum Accommodation Sites will not be released to third parties except to further the purpose for which you provided and in the following instances:
- To fulfil a service to you. For example, if you choose to download information through the Sites or make a hotel or any other booking, we may share your personal information in order to provide the information or service to you. In addition, if you email us a question, we may use your email address to process your request and respond to your question. Also, if you are entering a competition or contest hosted by us, we may use your personal information in order to fulfil the terms of that promotion. This means that we may share the information for prize fulfilment purposes or mail carriers. We also may share your information with the co-sponsor of that promotion.
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Sites and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfilment, providing customer service, maintaining and analysing data, sending customer communications on Plum Accommodation's behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfilment for contests, competitions hosted by us and other promotions). We seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties will not use the personal information for any other purpose than to provide the administrative services for which they are responsible. Because such unaffiliated third-party service providers that help us administer our Sites will have access to users' personal information, if you do not wish for our unaffiliated third-party service providers to have access to your information, please do not register or submit any personal information to us.
- To complete your purchase. If you choose to make a purchase on the Sites, we may collect from you your credit card number, billing address and other information related to such purchase, and we may use such collected information in order to fulfil your purchase. We may also provide such information, or other personal information provided by you, to unaffiliated third parties as necessary to complete your purchase (for example, to process your credit card).
- To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property, including the rights and property of Plum Accommodation and its family of Sites or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
- To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
- To track and analyse non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties.
- To protect against potential fraud, we may verify with third parties the information collected from these Sites. In the course of such verification, we may receive personal information about you from such services. In particular, if you use a credit card or debit card to purchase services with us, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us, and that the card has not been reported as lost or stolen.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
The Sites do not knowingly target children under the age of 13 and we do not collect personal information from any child under the age of 13. In the event we learn that such information has been provided to the Sites, we will delete or destroy it.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND ADVERTISERS
Plum Accommodation may also permit advertisers, third party ad networks or other advertising companies to serve advertisements on the Sites. Please be advised that such advertising companies may gather information about your visit to the Sites or other sites (such as through cookies, Web beacons and other technologies) to enable such advertising companies to market products or services to you, to monitor which ads have been served to your browser and which Web pages you were viewing when such ads were delivered. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices please click here. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POLICY DOES NOT COVER THE COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION BY SUCH ADVERTISING COMPANIES.
FORUMS, CHAT ROOMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS
Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any chat room, forum or other public posting area is available to anyone with Internet access. If you don't want people to know your e-mail address, for example, don't include it in any message you post publicly.
PLEASE BE EXtrEMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to Plum Accommodation is done at your own risk. However, Plum Accommodation uses website security measures consistent with current best practices to protect its website, email and mailing lists. These measures include technical, procedural, monitoring and tracking steps intended to safeguard data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration or destruction.
Credit card information is transmitted using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption. Member and purchaser information is a high priority and we use our own protective measures, as well as the capabilities of our software and hardware vendors.
We realize there can be incidents of misuse or unauthorized program incursions, as almost every website, service and user encounters. In those instances, our goals are to move quickly to isolate the problem, ensure or restore proper functionality and minimize any inconvenience to our users. As appropriate and necessary, Plum Accommodation will notify the relevant authorities of these incidents of misuse or unauthorized program incursions of Plum Accommodation website.
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the personal and non-personal information collected via the Sites.
CONTACTING PLUM ACCOMMODATION
Please email any problems or questions to Customer Service. While we may not be able to respond to every report, we take each report seriously and will investigate it thoroughly.
Plum Accommodation Ltd.
Willobrook Officer Park
Administrative support offered by:
Effective Date: Dec. 30, 2014
Last Updated: Jun, 24, 2021